Lemon-Up Shampoo

I used this shampoo as a kid in the 1970s, and I loved it. I've always loved lemon. Lemonheads, lemon drops, Rondo Soda (which is another extinct product I'll add soon)...and the fragrance of lemon is a favorite, as well. Lemon-Up shampoo was definitely aromatic! Two of the points used to market Lemon-Up were "Make Peace with Grease" and that each bottle contained the juice of one whole lemon. The original had a big plastic lemon for the cap, which could give your toe quite a whack if you dropped it in the shower. Lemon-Up disappeared sometime in the late 70s or early 80s. The Vermont Country Store has brought back Lemon-Up...it's pricey at $14.95 a bottle, but worth it if you miss the original stuff. I bought a bottle for nostalgia's sake (and to get a whiff of that lemony goodness!). Vermont Country Store recently added the lemon cap again (although it looks like a flip-top so you don't drop it...smart!). The bottom photo is the bottle I ordered...the one above it is the new, redesigned one. Wish this stuff were a little less expensive, but I'm sure it's a really low-run product. Vermont Country Store is a fun place to visit...check it out!
 

Comments

  1. My mom used this on my hair in the summer, it would nicely highlight my hair. I just ordered some the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment